Cinco de Mayo (May 5th) is a great excuse to get outside and have a barbecue!
For those of you who don’t know, Cinco de Mayo is celebrated to commemorate the Mexican army’s unlikely victory over the French Empire on May 5, 1862. For those of us in the United States, and around the world, May is a beautiful time of year to have an outdoor barbecue, and any excuse is a good excuse!
Whether you are using a charcoal chimney, a Weber grill, or a hibachi, using InstaFire® to light your charcoal, uses the same technique.
The 5 steps below will get your Charcoal going quickly!
- If you are using the single use Charcoal starter packs, you can either open the pack and pour instafire into a pile, or you can just burn the pouch. Either way, it’ll get your charcoal ready to cook in minutes. (one little trick to instafire, is once you light it, if you stir it, the flame will grow in intensity).
- If you are using the Charcoal bulk buckets, you can scoop out or pour out as much as you need (usually two thirds of a cup) to get your charcoal lit.
- Always place the instafire under your charcoal. It is extremely important to place instafire under the charcoal because instafire is a natural insulated product. So it burns from the top down, so if you put it over the top of your charcoal it will only insulate and not burn. So always put under your charcoal grate.
- Light the instafire with a match or a lighter, wait a few seconds, give a light stir, place down the charcoal grate, and stack your charcoal in a pyramid over the flame. If you are using a charcoal chimney, place the charcoal into the chimney and place the chimney over the flame.
- Remember, occasionally instafire’s flame will begin to diminish as it is an insulated product. It burns from the top down, so for best results, occasionally stir instafire with a non-burnable unit.
Have a fun and safe Cinco de Mayo!
And remember all good fires start with InstaFire.