Last Updated: 02/01/2024
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information directly from you when you create an account, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The categories of information we collect include:
● Identifiers: we collect your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number.
● Financial Information: we engage third party payment processors to collect your payment information.
● Communication Information: we collect information included in your communications with us.
We may also collect any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect the following categories of information:
● Transactional Information: we keep a history of your transactions with us, including the dates and amounts paid for purchases through the Website.
● Internet Activity Information: we collect information about how you access our Website, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, and browser type. We also collect information about your activity on our Website and interaction with our communications, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, products searched, and the page you visited before navigating to our Website.
● Audio Information and Chat Conversations: If you call us or use the chat feature on our Website, we may monitor and retain those conversations, including for training purposes. Please do not call us or use the chat feature if you do not consent to our monitoring and retention of calls or chat conversations.
● Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We use tracking technologies, such as cookies and pixels, to collect information about your interactions with our Website and communications. These technologies help us improve our Website and communications, see which areas and features of our Website are popular, count visits, and track clicks. You may be able to adjust your browser settings to remove or reject browser cookies. [You can also adjust certain cookie settings by clicking here.] Please note that removing or rejecting cookies could affect the availability and functionality of our Website.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We obtain information from other sources. For example, we may collect Identifiers and Internet Activity Information from advertising networks, data analytics providers, and mailing list providers. Additionally, if you interact with us on a third-party platform (such as Facebook or YouTube), we may collect information available through those interactions such as your social media handle.
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we collect. For example, we may infer your approximate location based on your IP address or that you are interested in certain products based on your browsing behavior.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the categories of information we collect for the following business and commercial purposes:
● Website Delivery and Order Fulfillment: we use information to provide and maintain our Website, including to fulfill orders, process payments, share product reviews, and authenticate your account.
● Support and Communication: we use information to communicate with you about Instafire, including to respond to your questions, inform you of price changes, provide customer service, and send you other transactional or relationship messages.
● Marketing and Advertising: we use information to send direct marketing messages (including via email and automated text), target advertisements to you on third-party platforms and websites as described below, operate our loyalty program, personalize your experience with us, and facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions. You can opt out of direct marketing messages we send by following the instructions in those communications (such as by clicking “unsubscribe” in the emails or replying “STOP,” “END,” or “CANCEL” to the texts) or by contacting us.
● Research and Development: we use information to monitor and analyze Website trends, usage, and activities, improve our Website, and generate de-identified data that we will not attempt to re-identify.
● Protection and Compliance: we use information to detect, investigate, and help prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, help protect the rights and property of Instafire and others, and comply with our legal and financial obligations.
● Notice/Consent: we may also use information in other circumstances after giving you notice and/or getting your consent.
TARGETED ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
You can also learn more about interest-based ads, or opt out of having your web browsing information used for behavioral advertising purposes by companies that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance, by visiting www.aboutads.info/choices./p>
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We disclose the categories of information described above as follows:
● Vendors: we disclose information to vendors, service providers, contractors and consultants that need this information to provide services to us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, data enrichment, analytics, and marketing and advertising.
● Advertising Partners: we disclose information to third parties for the Marketing and Advertising purposes described above.
● Professional Advisors: we disclose information to our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests.
● Legal Authorities: we may disclose information to legal authorities and others for the Protection and Compliance purposes described above, including if we believe that disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements and if we believe that your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe that you have violated the law, or if we believe it is necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of Instafire, our users, the public, or others.
● Corporate Transactions: we reserve the right to disclose information in connection with, or during negotiations of certain corporate transactions, including the merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company.
● Affiliates: we reserve the right to disclose information between and among Instafire and any current or future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership.
● Consent: we may disclose information when we have your consent or you direct us to do so.
Privacy laws in certain states like California, Colorado, Connecticut, Utah, and Virginia require additional disclosures and grant their residents certain rights. If you are a resident of one of these states, this section applies to you.
We collect the following categories of personal information: Identifiers, Commercial Information (including the Financial Information and Transactional Information described above), Communication Information, Internet Activity Information, Audio Information and Chat Conversations, and Derived Information. We do not collect sensitive information other than your account credentials, and we do not use or disclose your account information to infer characteristics about you. We collect information from the following categories of sources: directly from you, from the third-party sources identified above, and by automated means. For more information about the specific data points we collect, please see the Collection of Information section above.
We collect and disclose personal information for the following business and commercial purposes (described in more detail in the Use of Information section above): Website Delivery and Order Fulfillment, Support and Communication, Marketing and Advertising, Research and Improvement, and Protection and Compliance.
Category of Personal Information Collected
Purpose for Processing
Categories of Recipients
Internet Activity Information
Audio Information and Chat Conversations
Your Privacy Rights
Access, Correction, and Deletion
You have the right to (1) request to know more about and access your personal information, (2) request deletion of your personal information, and (3) request correction of inaccurate personal information.
Contact us to exercise these rights.
We may verify your request by asking you to provide information related to your recent interactions with us, such as information from a recent bill. If we deny your request, you may appeal our decision by contacting us.
Opting Out of Sharing, Sales, and Targeted Advertising
As described in the Targeted Advertising and Analytics section above, we process personal information to understand and improve your experience with our Website and to serve you advertisements on non-Instafire properties. These activities may result in us selling or sharing Identifiers, Internet Activity Information, and Derived Information with our Advertising Partners (including social media platforms) for targeted advertising purposes. You can adjust your cookie preferences any time by visiting the “Your Privacy Choices " . You can also opt out by visiting our Website with a legally-recognized universal choice signal enabled (such as the Global Privacy Control). Please note that, depending on which legally-recognized opt-out preference signal you use and whether you are logged into your account with us, our processing of the signal may be limited to the specific browser or device that you are using. You may need to renew your opt-out choice if you use a different browser or device to access our Website, or if you clear your cookies. We do not “share” or “sell” any other categories of personal information nor do we knowingly “sell” or “share” personal information about consumers under the age of 16.
If we deny your request, you may to appeal our decision by contacting us. If you have concerns about the result of an appeal, you may contact the attorney general in your state.
We will not treat you differently for exercising your privacy rights.
If you are submitting a rights request as an authorized agent, you are required to submit proof of your authorization to make the request, such as a valid power of attorney or proof that you have signed permission from the individual who is the subject of the request. Please do not provide any sensitive personal information in connection with this request, such as a driver's license or other government-issued ID. In some cases, we may be required to contact the individual who is the subject of the request to verify his or her own identity or confirm you have permission to submit this request. If you are an authorized agent seeking to make a request, please contact us.
1175 South Meridian Park Road Suite I
Salt Lake City, UT 84104